Have you checked my post on how to upgrade Airtel SIM to 4G? If you have, I believe you might have gotten a 4G SIM to start enjoying an increased speed browsing experience.
However, to start enjoying a high-pace internet, you need the right internet settings on your phone. This means you need to configure your Airtel 4G APN settings to enhance a better and faster internet on your device.
This is because when you don’t have the right internet settings for Airtel 4G on your device, browsing may be slow, and even lead to not being able to access the internet.
That’s why I have come up with this post to show you the right Airtel 4G APN settings for any phone, to unleash the full speed of your internet connection.
Without further ado, let’s get started!
Table of Contents
How to get Airtel 4G Settings
First of all, there are two ways to set your Airtel 4G APN for maximum internet speed.
The first method is to get the Airtel 4G APN settings for your SIM directly from the Airtel network.
This can be done by simply following the instructions below.
- Open the messaging app on your phone and create a new message
- In the message box, type in MO, then send to 54321 using your Airtel SIM
- Then, the APN settings for your Airtel 4G SIM will be sent to you via SMS. It is advisable you save the settings as soon as they are delivered to avoid deleting them in error.
- Now, go to the settings app on your phone
- Tap the Network & Internet option
- Click on Mobile Network
- If you have two SIM cards on your phone, tap on the “Airtel” option at the bottom of your screen.
- Click on Access Point Names
- Now, click on “+” (the plus sign) at the top right corner of your screen.
- Then, carefully input the settings you saved earlier, and save once you’re done.
That’s the easiest way to set your Airtel 4G APN. If you didn’t get the settings after texting Airtel, or you like setting it manually, the second method below will help.
Check Out How to Upgrade Glo SIM to 4G for FREE with 10GB Bonus
Airtel 4G APN Settings Nigeria
First of all, navigate to the settings app on your phone > Click Network & Internet > Click Mobile Network > Click Access Point Names > Tap on + > Then, carefully enter the values below in the appropriate spot.
- Name: Airtel NG
- APN: internet.ng.airtel.com
- Proxy: Not Set
- Port: Not Set
- Username: Not Set
- Password: Not Set
- Server: Not Set
- MMSC: Not Set
- MMS Proxy: Not Set
- MMS Port: Not Set
- MCC: 621
- MNC: 20
- Authentication Type: PAP
- APN Type: default
- APN Protocol: Ipv4
- APN Roaming Protocol: Ipv4
- Enable/disable APN: APN Enabled
- Bearer: Unspecified
- MVNO Type: None
- MVNO Value: Not set
That (above) is the Airtel 4G APN settings for iPhone, Android, MIFI, etc. Below is another Airtel 4G internet settings you can try.
Airtel 4G Internet Settings
You can also follow the setup process for the first one by going to the settings app on your phone > Click Network & Internet > Click Mobile Network > Click Access Point Names > Tap on + > Then, carefully enter the values below in the appropriate spot.
- APN (Access Point Name) – Airtel NG
- Username: internet
- Password: internet
- Proxy: Not set
- Port: Not set
That’s the simple Airtel 4G internet settings, and Airtel 4G APN settings. Once done correctly, you can start enjoying the 4G network’s high-speed internet.
However, in most cases, you’ll need to reset your preferred network settings from 2G or 3G to 4G. This can be done by following the steps below.
Read Also: Glo 4G APN Settings
Airtel 4G Settings
Airtel 4G settings on your preferred network type are required sometimes to make the 4G network work on your device.
You can see the Airtel 4G settings by following the steps below.
- Open the Settings app on your phone
- Click on Network & Internet
- Click on Mobile Network
- Now, click Preferred Network Type
- Then tap on the 4G option.
That’s all. Your phone is now connected to the 4G network, which means you can now browse the internet at a high pace.
Getting an Airtel 4G SIM is great, but not knowing the correct APN settings for Airtel 4G could be frustrating especially if it’s your first time using Airtel.
With this simple guide, whether you’re seeking the Airtel 4G APN settings Nigeria, Airtel 4G APN settings for iPhone, Airtel 4G APN settings for Android, and the Airtel 4G internet settings, or Airtel 4G settings, I believe you’ve gotten the perfect answers on this webpage.
If you still have questions, do not hesitate in dropping them off in the comment box below, I’ll be glad to help if it is about the Airtel 4G APN settings.