Are you looking for the best MTN tariff plan for data? Or you’re seeking the best MTN tariff plan for calls.
Of course, with the wide range of tariff plans that the MTN network has, picking the one that suits your lifestyle could be a little bit difficult at times. This is because all the tariff plans on MTN are just amazing and offer exclusive benefits that almost look the same.
However, if you are yet to choose one, then congratulations!!! You’re just on the right page where I’ll show you the best tariff plans for data and calls on MTN.
Yes, this post covers everything about the best MTN tariff plan for data and calls including, call rates, data bonuses, airtime bonuses, prices of data plans, calculations on how long calls last with an N100 recharge card, and lots more.
That’s not all, for I’ve also made a table that separates between the best tariff plans for data on MTN and the best tariff plans for calls on MTN. There, you’ll also find the bonuses you get on those plans, call rates, and most importantly, the migration code to all the plans respectively.
Without further ado, let’s get started!
MTN Tariff Plans
MTN tariff plan is a schedule of rates chargeable by the MTN network on calls in respect per second, data in respect per MB, and messages in respect per SMS, on a specific package.
In other words, an MTN tariff is a plan that you are on the MTN network (either by default or migration) that gives you access to the service at their own respective rates, gives you bonuses, and also sends you special offers.
There are a lot of good tariff plans on the MTN network, they come with their own benefits on calls, SMS, data, and bonuses (both data and calls) respectively. So, it may be really difficult to pick the perfect one for you.
But don’t panic, I have made it easier by picking out the super best for you to choose from in the list below.
List of the Best MTN Tariff Plans for Data and Calls
If you want the list of tariff plans on MTN, I won’t give it to you, instead, I’ll show you the cheapest MTN Tariff plan for calls in conjunction with the best MTN tariff plan for data.
They’re all right below!
1. MTN Pulse
Pulse is a prepaid tariff plan on the MTN network that gives you access to an extremely cheap call rate, lets you send SMS at a low cost, gives a free data bonus every month, and also gives you double data when you purchase a data bundle of N500 and above.
That’s not all, MTN Pulse also gives you access to the MTN night plan where you can do night sub and night browsing from as low as N25 for 250MB, and up to 2GB data volume every night from 11 pm to 6 am in the morning.
How to Activate MTN Pulse
- To migrate to the MTN Pulse tariff plan, simply dial *406# or Text 406 to 131.
Pulse for Call
Talking about MTN Pulse for calls, this plan is one of the best if not the best MTN tariff plan for calls, as it offers a cheap call rate of 11.26 kobo per second (11.26k/sec) after the first minute charged at 25.6 kobo per second (25.6k/sec).
- 11.26 kobo per second (11.26k/sec).
- 25.6 kobo per second (25.6k/sec) First 60 minutes of the day.
Keep in mind that this is a flat call rate. Therefore, whether you make on-net (i.e MTN to MTN) calls, or off-net (MTN to Glo, MTN to Airtel & MTN to 9mobile) calls, you’ll be charged the same amount.
Now, how long would N100 airtime last if you use it all to make calls?
- 25.6k × 60 seconds = N15.36k
- N100 – N15.36 = N84.64k (left)
- 11.26k × 60 seconds = N6.75k
- Now, N84.64/N6.75 ≈ 12 minutes 32 seconds.
- Therefore, with N100 airtime, you’ll get >> 12min 32sec + 60 sec = 13 minutes 32 seconds.
Pulse for Data
From free data bonuses on every recharge to cheap data plans, MTN Pulse has a lot of data benefits for its customers, and here are they below.
- Bonus on every recharge.
- 100% data bonus on purchase of N500 weekly plan.
- Access to MTN nightlife bundles (N25 for 250MB, N50 for 500MB, and so on).
- Access to special Instagram & TikTok Bundles (350MB IG & TikTok for ₦100 and 1GB IG & TikTok for ₦200).
With all these special data and data bonuses, I think we can consider MTN pulse as the best MTN tariff plan for data.
Maybe not yet, because there are still lots more below.
2. MTN BetaTalk
MTN BetaTalk takes the second position on this list of the best MTN tariff plan for data and calls. This is because it is one of the most popular tariff plans on the MTN network and it offers a lot of benefits.
This plan gives a 500% bonus (300% airtime bonus and an additional 200% Data) bonus on EVERY recharge less than N100. Customers will also enjoy 20MB and above in addition to the 300% airtime bonus when you recharge airtime of N100 and above.
BetaTalk is available to all prepaid customers on the MTN network. More so, it offers a relatively cheap call rate and also has some special data offers for its customers, plus you’ll get a free data bonus every month.
Also Read: 10 Best Airtel Tariff Plans for Data and Calls!
How to Activate BetaTalk on MTN
- To migrate to the MTN BetaTalk tariff plan, simply dial *123*2*1#, or Text BT to 131.
BetaTalk for Calls
- The call rate of MTN Beta Talk is 73 kobo per second (73k/sec) or 43.8 Naira per minute (N43.8/min).
That simply means for every second of call you make whether on-net or off-net on the MTN Beta Talk tariff plan within Nigeria, you’ll be charged 73 kobo.
Let’s do the calculation for N100 airtime. I mean how long would N100 airtime last if you use it all to make calls?
- N100 + N300 (300% Bonus) = N400.
- 0.73k × 60 seconds = N43.8k
- Therefore, with N100 airtime, you’ll get >> N400/N43.8k ≈ 9 minutes 9 seconds.
BetaTalk for Data
On the data aspect, BetaTalk is also very beneficial, as it gives customers a data bonus on every recharge, and also offers special data bundles to customers.
Here is a breakdown of BetaTalk data.
- 200% data bonus on every recharge. E.g, if you recharge N100 on your line you will get a N200 data bonus (i.e. 20MB).
- Access to special data bundles of 40MB for N50 and 250MB for N200.
- Free 10MB Monthly Data Bonus on the First Recharge or First Call of the month.
With these data benefits, MTN BetaTalk is among the best MTN tariff plans for data, even though it isn’t that good with calls.
Don’t Miss: Best Glo Tariff Plans for Data to get 36GB FREE DATA BONUS!
3. MTN TruTalk
MTN TruTalk is the first best tariff plan for calls on this list. This is simply because it let the customer make calls to all local networks in Nigeria at a cheap rate of 11.26 kobo per second, after paying a daily rental fee of N7.17.
This plan also comes with a few data benefits including but not limited to a free data bonus on the first call of the month.
How to Activate TruTalk on MTN
- To migrate to the MTN TruTalk tariff plan, simply dial *123*2*6#, or *400#. You can also Text TT to 131.
TruTalk for Call
Like I said earlier, TruTalk is the first best MTN tariff plan for calls only, on this list. Below is the call rate and how long calls could last with just N100 airtime.
- 11.26kobo/sec is the MTN TruTalk call rate, after paying the daily access fee of N7.17 in the first second of the first call of the day.
- If you don’t have enough airtime balance to pay for the access fee, you’ll be charged 15.36k/sec.
Now, let’s calculate for N100 airtime, how many minutes of calls you can make.
- N100 – N7.17 (Access Fee) = N92.83 (Left).
- 11.26k × 60 seconds = N6.75k.
- Therefore, with N100 airtime, you’ll get 92.83/6.75 ≈ 13 minutes 45 seconds.
TruTalk for Data
With the MTN TruTalk, customers enjoy fewer data compared to the MTN BetaTalk and Pulse discussed above. TruTalk customers enjoy:
- 10MB free monthly data bonus on the first recharge or First call of every month.
While talking about the best MTN tariff plans for calls and data, although MTN TruTalk didn’t make the best MTN tariff plan for data. But, talking about the best MTN tariff plan for calls, it definitely takes the lead.
Check Out: MTN Free Night Browsing Code
4. MTN Awuf4U
Here is another best MTN tariff plan for calls only. Oh! MISTAKE!!!
MTN Awuf4U is not a tariff plan, instead, it is an offer on the MTN network that rewards customers with a 5X bonus on every recharge of N100 and above.
If you recharge less than N100, maybe N50, you’ll get a 350% bonus. This offer can only be used for calls only as it consists of only airtime bonuses. Yes, no special data or data bonuses on this plan whatsoever.
All bonus is credited to your Awu4U account where calls are being charged at a fair rate and, and SMS too.
How to Activate MTN Awuf4U
- To activate the MTN Awuf4U offer, all you just need to do is buy an MTN recharge card, and load it with the Awuf4U code *888*Recharge Card PIN#.
That means you don’t need to switch tariff plans to enjoy this offer, as it can be activated on all MTN tariff plans.
Awuf4U for Calls
From your MTN Awuf4U account, below is how much you’ll be charged on calls.
- National calls to all networks in Nigeria are charged at 68.80k/sec (N41.28/min).
- International calls to 10 selected countries are charged at 90k/sec (N54/min)
With N100 airtime, how many minutes will you use it to call?
- N100 = N500 Awuf4U balance.
- 68.80k × 60 seconds = N41.28k.
- Therefore, with N100 airtime, you’ll get >> N500/N41.28 ≈ 12 minutes 7 seconds.
5. MTN XtraSpecial Prepaid
Another tariff plan on this list of the best MTN tariff plan for data and calls is the XtraSpecial prepaid plan.
This plan let you call all networks in Nigeria at a cheap rate of 13.3kobo per second, without paying any daily access fee whatsoever. International calls are also extremely cheap on this tariff plan.
Customers also get a free data bonus every month on the MTN XtraSpecial tariff plan.
All prepaid customers on the MTN network can migrate to this plan following the guidelines below.
How to Activate MTN XtraSpecial Prepaid Plan
- To migrate to MTN XtraSpecial prepaid plan, simply Text 408 to 131, or dial *408*1#.
XtraSpecial Prepaid for Calls
MTN XtraSpecial prepaid plan is one of the best tariff plans for calls on MTN with both national and international calls charged at 13.3kobo per second.
- Flat rate of 13.33k/sec for calls to All Local Network in Nigeria.
- Flat rate of 13.33k/sec for calls to eleven (11) international countries. These countries include Australia, Canada, China, Denmark, Norway, India, Ireland, Malaysia, Romania, South Korea, and the United States.
Now, how long will N100 airtime last on calls?
- 13.3k × 60 seconds = N7.98k.
- Therefore, with N100 airtime, you’ll get >> N100/N7.98 ≈ 12 minutes 34 seconds.
XtraSpecial Prepaid for Data
Similar to the Awuf4U offer, there’s not much on data here too, as you’ll only get;
- Free 10MB data on bonus on your First recharge or First call of the month.
- Special data bundles (6GB monthly data bundle at N2000, 3.75GB monthly data bundle at N1500, and 1.5GB 14-day data bundle at N750).
Also Read: MTN Weekend Plan for 2GB
6. MTN mPulse
Talking about the best MTN tariff plan for data and calls, mPulse is a perfect example. This is because you’ll get to enjoy both calls and data for browsing the internet at an extremely cheap price on this plan.
MTN mPulse is a prepaid tariff plan that allows Pre-Teen and Teen customers (students) between the age bracket of 9 and 15 years to enjoy bonuses on recharge, special data bundles, Special Birthday rewards, lots of other exciting offers, and National calls to all networks in Nigeria at 15.36k/sec.
This plan comes in two packages which include; The mPulse tariff and The mPulse website. They are both available to all prepaid customers below the age of 15 years.
How to Activate MTN mPulse
- To Migrate to MTN mPulse, simply dial *344*1#, or Text mPulse to 131.
mPulse for Calls
MTN mPulse is an exciting plan that let all eligible customers make calls across all local networks in Nigeria at a flat rate of 15.36 kobo per second.
Now, how many minutes will you use N100 airtime for on calls for?
- 15.36k × 60 seconds = N9.18k
- Therefore, with N100 airtime, you’ll get >> N100/N9.18 ≈ 10 minutes 59 seconds.
mPulse for Data
mPulse also got some amazing packages for all eligible customers that use data-enabled devices.
- WhatsApp bonus on the first recharge of the month.
- Special data bundles for the mPulse website at 1.2GB for ₦150 and 350MB for ₦50.
- FREE 30MB on your first access to the mPulse website.
- Free 10MB Monthly Data Bonus on the First recharge or First Call of every month.
7. MTN XtraValue
Another perfect example of the best tariff plan for data and calls on MTN is the XtraValue tariff plan. This is because, on this plan, you’ll get to choose between data and airtime bonus, anyone that suits your lifestyle.
MTN XtraValue is a prepaid tariff plan that rewards customers with airtime for National SMS & calls, International calls to some selected destinations, and volumes of data for browsing after subscribing to any XtraValue Bundle plan.
MTN XtraValue gives you two choices:
XtraTalk: This bundle gives you more airtime than data. With just N300, you’ll get N1,150 as free airtime, plus 50MB of free data.
XtraData: This bundle gives you more data than airtime. With just N500, you’ll get 750MB worth of data, plus N500 airtime to call all networks.
How to Activate MTN XtraValue
- To migrate to the MTN XtraValue tariff plan, all you just need to do is to purchase an XtraValue bundle by simply dialing *131*2#.
XtraValue for Calls
XtraTalk is the best XtraValue package. Here, you can get N1,150 airtime for N300, N3,900 for N1000, and up to 80,200 airtime on XtraTalk, with cheap call rates, plus more and more free data volume.
However, since the XtraValue plan comes in two categories (XtraTalk & XtraData) the call charge for each category differs respectively.
XtraTalk Call Rate:
- Local Call: N27/min
- Int’l Call: N54/min
XtraData Call Rate:
- Local Call: N34.2/min
- Int’l Call: N54/min
MTN XtraValue for Data
XtraData is the beat XtraValue package for data. Here you can get 350MB for N300, 1.5GB for N1000, and up to 70GB worth of data, plus lots of free airtime to make calls.
8. MTN YanfunYanfun
If you’re here for the cheapest MTN tariff plan for call, in this list of the best MTN tariff plans for data and calls, MTN Yanfun Yanfun is the cheapest call tariff plan on MTN.
In fact, both for calls and data, MTN Yanfun Yanfun is one of the best tariff plan for new MTN customers. This is because it is specially designed for customers to enjoy a whopping 700% bonus on every recharge to be used on both calls and browsing.
For every new SIM that got Yanfun Yanfun as its default plan, users will have access to enjoy free WhatsApp, call, chat, and video status for 3 days.
How to Activate MTN Yanfun Yanfun
- To activate MTN Yanfun Yanfun, visit a nearby MTN SIM card registration center or MTN office.
- Ask for an MTN SIM with Yanfun Yanfun as its default tariff plan.
- Buy and register the SIM.
- Finally, purchase an MTN recharge card and load it by dialing *555*Recharge Card PIN#, and you will automatically receive a 700% bonus that will be credited to a dedicated account.
Yanfun Yanfun for Data
From the 700% bonus, you’ll receive on every recharge, 200% of it is for data. You can use it to surf the internet, scroll through social media, and do lots more.
Yanfun Yanfun for calls
The 500% left from the 700% bonus you get is only for calls and SMS. And you can make calls with it at the rate of 75k/sec (N45/min) from the bonus account.
On your main balance, you’ll still have the amount you recharged. Here calls to all networks in Nigeria are charged at 66.67k/sec (N40/min).
- 66.67kobo/sec (N40/min) on the main account.
- 75kobo/sec (N45/min) on bonus account.
Now, let’s see how long N100 airtime will last.
- N100 + N500 (500% from 700% bonus) = N600.
- On bonus account: 66.67kobo ×60 seconds = N45
- On main account: 42kobo × 60 seconds = N40
- Now, from the bonus account: N500/N45 = 11 minutes 8 seconds.
- From main account: N100/N40 = 2 minutes 30 seconds.
- Therefore, with N100 recharge card, you’ll get >> 11,8 + 2,30 ≈ 13 minutes 38 seconds.
9. MTN XtraSpecial Postpaid
If you’re a postpaid customer on the MTN network and looking for the best MTN postpaid tariff plan, I’ve got this one for you.
MTN XtraSpecial Postpaid is a special tariff plan that allows only postpaid customers to enjoy a FLAT rate of 13.33 kobo per second for calls to all local networks in Nigeria, and 11 selected international destinations from the very first second.
MTN XtraSpecial Postpaid tariff plan does not attract a daily or monthly subscription or access fee. You’ll access gain access to some special data offers on this plan.
How to Activate MTN XtraSpecial Postpaid Plan
If you’re already a postpaid customer, you’re automatically eligible to enjoy all the benefits of this tariff plan. Therefore, there’s no need to migrate to this plan.
However, Prepaid customers looking to migrate to this tariff plan are required to follow the below steps to migrate to XtraSpecial postpaid:
- Fill out the postpaid activation form. Click Here to download the activation form.
- Scan the completed activation form with a valid ID – NIN slip and passport photograph and send it to [email protected]
Alternatively, new customers can kindly follow the below steps to activate a line.
- Visit an MTN store
- Fill out the postpaid activation form. Click Here to download the. activation form
- Valid ID – NIN slip and passport photograph.
- N2000 Service activation fee.
XtraSpecial Postpaid for Calls
Calls to all local networks in Nigeria are charged at a flat rate of 13.33 kobo per second, as well as calls to international destinations too.
- MTN-to-MTN calls >> 13.33k/sec
- MTN-to-Other networks >> 13.33k/sec
- International destinations >> 13.33k/sec.
These international destinations include Australia, Canada, China, Denmark, Norway, India, Ireland, Malaysia, Romania, South Korea, and the United States.
XtraSpecial Postpaid for Data
MTN XtraSpecial Postpaid special data offer is the only data benefit you get on this plan. Below are the special data packages for all XtraSpecial Postpaid customers.
- 14GB monthly data bundle at N4,000.
- 30GB monthly data bundle at N6,000.
- 35GB 2-months data bundle at N8,000.
- 6GB monthly data bundle at N2000.
- 3.75GB monthly data bundle at N1500.
- 1.5GB 14-day data bundle at N750.
Best MTN Tariff Plans for Data
|TARIFF PLANS||DATA OFFERS/BONUS||MIGRATION CODES|
|Pulse||Data Bonus on Recharge||*406#|
|BetaTalk||Data Bonus on Recharge||*123*2*1#|
|XtraValue||Cheapest Data Bundles||*131*2#|
|mPulse||Cheap Data Bundles + Data Bonus||*344*1#|
Best MTN Tariff Plan for Calls
|TARIFF PLANS||CALL RATES||MIGRATION CODES|
Best MTN Tariff Plan for Data and Calls – FAQs
Which of the MTN Plan is best for data?
If you’re talking about the best MTN tariff plan for data bonuses, BetaTalk is the best. However, it is about the cheapest MTN tariff plan for data plan, MTN XtraValue is a good one.
How can I migrate to MTN cheapest data plan?
Since MTN XtraValue is the cheapest MTN Tariff plan for data plan, to migrate, simply dial *131*2# and purchase an XtraData bundle. Once done correctly, you’ll be automatically migrated to the MTN cheapest data plan.
Which is the best MTN tariff plan for call?
MTN TruTalk tariff plan is the best MTN tariff plan for calls, as it offers a flat rate of 11.26 kobo per second. With just N100 airtime, you can make calls of approximately 13 minutes and 45 seconds.
Which is the best MTN tariff plan for data?
If you’re talking about the best MTN tariff plan for data bonus, BetaTalk is good. However, it is about the best tariff plan for data on MTN, XtraValue is just perfect.
With a wide range of amazing tariff plans to choose from, it could be very difficult to pick the best one for you. And I guess that’s why you’re looking for a better one to go for.
However, I believe your worries about the best and cheapest MTN tariff plans are over today. This is because I have provided you with the list of all the best MTN tariff plans for data, and the best MTN tariff plans for calls, and also show you the best one to go for.
If you still have questions, please feel free to drop them in the comment box below.