Glo Berekete vs Glo Yakata which one is better?
That’s a common question asked by Glo users who want to migrate either from Glo Yakata to Glo Berekete or vice versa, and those who want to switch from other Glo tariff plans to any of Yakata or Berekete tariff plan.
Well, that’s not surprising because switching from one tariff plan to another is mostly due to the benefits of the new one you want to migrate to.
Therefore, You’ll want to know the best one for you. However, the availability of lots of tariff plans on the Glo network might get you confused on the one to go for. In this case, Glo Yakata or Berekete!
If you’re confused about which one to go for, then let me walk you through a comparison between Glo Yakata vs Glo Berekete. After reading this, I believe you’ll know the best one for you.
What is Glo Yakata Tariff Plan?
Glo Yakata is an exclusive tariff plan that rewards Glo customers with voice and data benefits every time they recharge their prepaid line.
It was formerly the Glo default prepaid tariff plan before the introduction of Glo Berekete.
The good thing is that both new and existing Glo customers can enjoy the Glo Yakata benefits just by migrating from their current tariff plan to the Yakata tariff plan.
Check Out How to Migrate to Glo Yakata
What is Glo Berekete Tariff Plan?
Glo Berekete is a new juicy tariff plan offered on the Glo network by Glo Nigeria. It can be also referred to as the default prepaid tariff plan that rewards customers with voice and data benefits every time they recharge their prepaid line.
That means, when you buy a new Glo SIM, your SIM is on the Glo Berekete tariff plan by default until you decide to switch to another tariff plan on the Glo network.
Don’t get it twisted, both new and existing Glo customers can enjoy the Berekete benefits. All you just need to do as an existing customer is to migrate from your current tariff plan to the Berekete tariff plan.
Now that you know what Glo Berekete and Yakata are, let’s just straight into their comparison.
Check Out How to Migrate to Glo Berekete Plus Plus
Glo Berekete vs Glo Yakata – Eligibility
Let’s start with eligibility. Before you even look at the benefits of these Glo tariff Plans, you need to know if you’re eligible to use them or not so as not to waste your time.
Who is Eligible For Glo Berekete?
Every Glo customer both old and new is eligible to enjoy the Glo Berekete tariff plan.
That is to say, there are no restrictions or requirements to migrate to the Glo Berekete tariff plan for existing customers too.
Who is Eligible For Glo Yakata?
Every Glo customer can migrate to and enjoy the Glo Yakata tariff plan. That means you don’t even need a new SIM, nor do you need to be an old customer before you can enjoy the Yakata benefits on the Glo network.
Related: MTN True Talk vs MTN Beta Talk
Glo Yakata vs Glo Berekete – Pros
Now that you know you’re eligible for both Glo Yakata and Berekete, what will you enjoy from both tariff plans?
Yes, one major reasons why people seek Glo Yakata vs Glo Berekete comparison is because of the benefits they offer.
Let’s see what benefits they offer respectively.
Benefits of Glo Berekete
The following is a full list of the benefits of Glo Berekete.
- Welcome bonus upon SIM activation.
- The 700% bonus will be given on ALL recharge denominations from N100 to N5,000.
- Voice bonus can be used to call ALL networks
- Glo Berekete bonus is valid for a period of 7 days.
- An Additional 150% data bonus on the first recharge of the month. Up to 5GB free data for 4 months.
- 100% bonus on every data plan purchased for the first four months (120 Days). Only new customers can enjoy this.
- It is the default Glo tariff plan for new SIMs
Benefits of Glo Yakata
The following are the benefits you will be opportune to enjoy on the Glo Yakata tariff plan.
- Unlimited free Glo-Glo calls.
- Subscribers get the first minute of calls every day to other networks for FREE.
- 6GB FREE data Every Month for 6 months.
- 22 times value on every recharge above N100 to call all networks.
- Both voice and data bonuses are valid for 7 days on the Yakata tariff plan.
- SMS is charged at a rate of N4 per SMS.
Don’t Miss How to Get 6GB FREE Data on Glo Yakata Now!
Glo Yakata vs Glo Berekete – Cons
You know the benefits of both Glo Yakata and Berekete. However, not to be biased on this post of Glo Brekete vs Glo Yakata, we also need to see some set backs of these plans.
Cons of Glo Berekete
- Expensive call rate.
- All SMS will be charged from your main account.
- All International calls and SMS will be charged from your main account at the applicable rates per destination.
Cons of Glo Yakata
- Expensive call rate
- Expensive SMS rate from bonus account.
Glo Berekete vs Glo Yakata – Bonus
Another major thing to look at while comparing Glo Berekete vs Yakata is the bonuses they give to customers.
Now, what does their bonus Package look like respectively?
Glo Berekete Bonus
The following are the bonuses you get on Glo Berekete tariff plan.
- N600 welcome bonus.
- 700% bonus on every recharge. Which is categorized to;
- 400% for voice to call all networks in Nigeria and
- 300% data bonus.
- New customers also enjoy up to 100% bonus on every data plan purchase they make monthly for 4 months
- An extra 150% data bonus on the first recharge of the month.
Glo Yakata Bonus
The following is a list of the bonuses you get on the Glo Yakata tariff plan.
- Up to 6GB data bonus for the first 6 months
- 2,200% bonus on every recharge to call all networks and to be used as data too.
Winner: Glo Berekete
Check Out The Glo Yakata Cheat Code to Get 36GB FREE Data Now!
Glo Berekete vs Glo Yakata – Call Rates
This section of the Glo Berekete vs Glo Yakata comparison is what people don’t pay attention to due to the amazing bonuses both Glo Berekete and Glo Yakata offer for calls.
Well, they are both great options if you want to enjoy data and call bonuses. But what if you exhaust your call bonus?
Since those bonuses last for just 7 days, how much do you pay per second of call when you exhaust your call bonus?
Glo Berekete Call Rate
Glo Berekete’s call rate is 36 kobo per second (36k/sec) if it is being charged from your main account balance, and 77 kobo per second (77k/sec) if it is being charged from your bonus account.
Now, how long will N100 airtime last for calls on Glo Berekete Plus Plus?
- Main account balance = ₦100
- Bonus account balance = ₦400
- From main account 0.36k × 60 seconds = N21.6k
- Now, 100/21.6 ≈ 4 minutes 43 seconds
- From bonus account 0.77k × 60 seconds = N46.2k
- Now, 400/46.2 ≈ 8 minutes 40 seconds.
- Therefore, with N100 airtime, you’ll get 4,43 + 8,40 = 13 minutes 23 seconds of calls.
Glo Yakata Call Rate
Glo Yakata call rate is 55k/sec for Glo to Glo calls, and 70k/sec for Glo to other local network calls. Mean while Glo Yakata bonus call rate is 70k/second.
Now, let’s see how long you can use N100 airtime to make calls for.
- Main account balance = ₦100
- Bonus account balance = ₦350
- From main account, 70 + 55 / 2 = 62.5k/sec average call rate.
- Now, 62.5k × 60 seconds = N37.5k
- Then, 100/37.5 = 2 minutes 40 seconds.
- From bonus account, 0.70k × 60 = N42.0k
- Now, 100/42 ≈ 2 minutes 37 seconds.
- Therefore, with N100 airtime, you’ll get 2,40 + 2,37 = 5 minutes, 17 seconds of calls.
Winner: Glo Berekete
If you main aim of comparing Glo Berekete vs Yakata is because of call rate, I believe you should know the one to go with now.
Glo Yakata vs Glo Berekete – Data Plans
Since Glo data plans are not tariff-based, you get the same data volume for the same amount on both Glo Berekete and Yakata tariff plans.
However, Glo Berekete gives new customers an extra 100% data on every data purchase they make for the first 4 months.
Please note that the data bonus you get doesn’t change the price.
Also Read: Glo Berekete Data Plan Code Here!
Similarities Between Glo Yakata and Glo Berekete
We can’t talk about Glo Yakata vs Glo Berekete without looking at their similarities.
Here are some similarities between Glo Yakata and Berekete.
- They both offer bonuses on every recharge.
- They both split their bonus into data and calls.
- Both Glo Yakata and Glo Berekete bonus lasts for just 7 days.
Difference Between Glo Yakata and Glo Berekete
We also can’t talk about Glo Berekete vs Glo Yakata without looking at what makes them different.
Here are some differences between Glo Berekete and Glo Yakata.
|Cheap Call Rate||Yes||No|
Frequently Asked Questions about Glo Yakata and Glo Berekete
What is the benefit of Glo Berekete?
The main benefits of Glo Berekete are that it offers a N600 welcome bonus, and also gives a 700% bonus on every recharge for both new and existing subscribers.
How do I know if I’m on Glo Berekete?
You can know if you’re on Glo Berekete by dialing #100#, and a pop-up will display showing you your current tariff plan.
If you’re on Glo Berekete, you’ll see something like this “Dear customer, your profile is GLO_BEREKETE”.
How to migrate to Yakata from Berekete?
To migrate to Glo Yakata from Berekete, simply dial *455#, and you’ll be instantly migrated to the Glo Yakata tariff plan.
How to migrate to Glo Berekete from Yakata?
To migrate Glo to Berekete, simply dial *777# > Select 3 (Berekete ++) > Select 1 (Migrate). And you’ll be instantly switched to Glo Berekete plus plus tariff plan.
Both Glo Yakata and Berekete are very beneficial. However, in my opinion, Glo Berekete is a little bit better than Glo Yakata.
Anyways, whether you’re seeking comparison between Glo Berekete vs Glo Yakata, Glo Brekete vs Glo Yakata, Glo Yakata vs Glo Yakata, or Glo Berekete vs Yakata, you now have your choice to make based on the features I listed above.
If you have any questions, please feel free to drop them down in the comment box below.
4 thoughts on “Glo Berekete vs Glo Yakata [Which is Better in 2023]”
Thanks for sharing
Thanks for sharing
Please which tarred is best for calls and SMS only! No data
Thank you so much for sharing