This post is all about how to borrow airtime from MTN.
Are you in a situation where you needed airtime so badly, but don’t have enough money on you to go out and buy a recharge card?
Sometimes you may need the airtime, but won’t see it in your area, and also, you cannot recharge from your bank for one reason or the other.
Well, do not panic, MTN got you covered every time and anywhere. O yes, the MTN Xtratime service is here for you, so you don’t need to worry about not having enough credit to make those important calls and send SMS.
All you need to worry about now is how to borrow airtime from MTN. Of course, you should worry about it, because not everybody knows it. But, after reading through this post, the worries will no longer be there, for I’ll show you everything you need to know about the MTN Xtratime and how to borrow airtime from MTN in fast and easy ways.
Without further ado, let’s get started!
About MTN Xtratime (Borrowing Airtime From MTN)
The service that lets customers borrow airtime from MTN is called the MTN Xtratime service. MTN network introduced this service to delight its customers and to always be there for them when the high need for airtime arose.
MTN makes this service flexible in that customers can borrow now, and pay later without stress. Although, not all MTN customers are eligible for this service. This is because there are some requirements to qualify for the MTN Xtratime service.
Here are some.
- Own an a registered and active MTN SIM card.
- Have no huge unpaid debt on your MTN line.
- Recharge your line regularly, at least every 30 days.
- You should be active on the MTN network for at least 12 months. Normally, without this, you would not be eligible to borrow airtime. However, this is also one of the rules that have been eased over time, as SIM cards of less than 12 months of active use are now allowed. Also, this holds, especially if you recharge very frequently.
If you’re seeking how to be eligible to borrow airtime from MTN, there you have it above.
Moving on, I want you to keep in mind that MTN charges a 10% fee as interest on every airtime borrowed. There if you borrow N100, you’ll be charged N10.
Now, let’s proceed to see how to borrow airtime from MTN.
Also Read: MTN Free Night Browsing Code
How to Borrow Airtime From MTN
You can borrow airtime from MTN by following the step-by-step guide below.
- Simply dial *606#
- Select the option for Xtratime
- Select the amount you want to borrow
- Confirm the 10% charge
- Done! You’ve successfully borrowed airtime from MTN.
In just seconds, you’ll receive an SMS from MTN telling you that you have just been credited the amount you selected earlier.
Alternatively, you can borrow airtime from MTN by;
- Simply dialing *131#
- Select the option for Borrow Credit/Recharge
- Select option 1 – Borrow Credit
- Now, reply with the option for the amount you want to borrow
- Confirm that you accept the 10% charge.
- And that’s it, you’ll be credited with the amount you selected (charges will be deducted).
Please keep in mind that charges will be deducted at the borrowing point from the borrowed airtime. That is if you borrow N100, you’ll be credited with N90. This is because MTN has deducted their 10% service fee.
If you think how to borrow airtime from MTN can only be done using just one method, then, you should wait to see more easy methods below.
Code to Borrow Airtime From MTN
The alternative code to borrow airtime from MTN is *123#. To activate this code, follow the steps below.
- Simply dial *123#
- Reply with – 6 to see the MTN Xtratime menu
- Select the option for Xtratime
- Choose the airtime amount you wish to borrow
- Confirm the 10% service fee
- Done! You’ll be credited without the amount you selected (charges will be deducted).
After that, a notification message will be sent to you from MTN informing you that you’ve been credited with the amount you borrowed earlier.
Now, let’s see how to borrow credit from MTN without using the USSD methods.
Don’t Miss MTN Weekend Plan Code For 2GB Data
How to Borrow airtime on MTN via Customer Care Line (IVR Method)
If you don’t like using USSD, you get confused while trying to use it, here is another way to borrow airtime from MTN.
This method is just awesome because it’s just like talking to a customer care representative. However, in this case, instead of a real human answering you, you’ll get a response in a robotic voice.
Yes, we can call it computer-generated voice, because it is programmed to automatically answer common queries that don’t necessarily require human presence, just like the Xtratime service.
Anyways, you can follow the steps below to use this method.
- Simply dial and call 606
- Carefully follow the instructions and select your preferred language.
- Click the number for the Xtratime option
- Type the number for the option of the amount you wish to borrow.
- You’ll be asked to confirm the 10% service fee.
- Once accepted, you’ll be credited with the amount you borrowed (charges will be deducted).
After a while, you will receive a notification message from MTN telling you that you have been credited with the amount you borrowed with the Xtratime service.
If you’re looking for how to borrow airtime from MTN without using the USSD code, there you have it above.
Wants more? Then keep reading, for I still got lots more for Ya!
Common things to know About MTN Xtratime
There are some common things you need to know before using the MTN Xtratime service, and these include;
- You must have a KYC (registered) MTN SIM card.
- Your SIM card must be active in the last 12 months.
- Your monthly recharge must be at least between N0 to N100 before you can borrow credit from MTN.
- If you recharge a huge amount of airtime frequently for the first three months as a new MTN customer, you’ll be quickly eligible to borrow from the network (it is not necessarily 12 months).
- You must clear one loan debt before you’ll be allowed to borrow another credit (This is unlike the Airtel Extra Credit service where you can borrow while still owing).
- A service fee of 10% comes with this service.
- If you have unpaid loan debt, the amount you owe will be instantly deducted when you recharge your line.
How to Check Borrowed Airtime Balance on MTN
You can check your borrowed airtime balance on MTN by simply dialing *606# > Select – Check Xtratime Balance, and your debt balance will be sent to you via SMS.
It is no doubt that MTN is there everywhere you go, this is just because they got your back anytime anywhere with the Xtratime service they offer. Now, no more worries about “Baby, I’m out of airtime, that’s why I couldn’t call you back”. Lol 😜.
I believe by now, you should have no worries about how to borrow airtime from MTN, how to borrow credit from MTN, and even how to borrow airtime on MTN because this post has answered all your questions about “how can I borrow airtime from MTN”.