How to upgrade my Airtel SIM to 4G? What an interesting question! Did you want a simple and complete answer to that? Then this post is for you.
If you’ve read my post on how to upgrade MTN SIM to 4G, you should know that there are many reasons to start using 4G.
Of course, you get high-speed internet with an Airtel 4G SIM. But that’s not all, as Airtel 4G SIM also comes with bountiful bonuses including but not limited to a whopping 7GB data on SIM upgrade.
That’s amazing, right?
That’s why I have curated this post on how to upgrade Airtel SIM to 4G, to show you and make it super easy for you to upgrade your Airtel SIM anywhere in the country.
Are you ready to know how? Then read on…
What is Airtel 4G
Airtel 4G is Airtel’s 4th generation telecommunication technology that offers a reliable and high-speed internet connection.
The Airtel 4G network was introduced to increase internet speed. On the 4G network, the speed of browsing is just like the speed of “The Flash” Lol. This is because the Airtel 4G network delivers speeds of up to 100 Mbps.
And with high speed, you can download huge files in seconds, make the clearest ever video calls, and stream videos without waiting for them to load.
Not only that, but with the Airtel 4G SIM, you can browse the internet faster as the page loads quicker and easier compared to the 2G SIM that can barely load a webpage.
Now you see why you should start using the Airtel 4G SIM? But that’s not all, so before seeing how to upgrade Airtel SIM to 4G, let’s see the benefits of upgrading your SIM.
Also Read How to Upgrade MTN SIM to 4G and get 4GB DATA BONUS
Benefits of Airtel 4G
As seen above, the overall benefit of the Airtel 4G network is the speedy browsing experience it offers. But that’s not all as Airtel has some special packages for anyone that upgrades their SIM to 4G.
See some of the benefits below.
- Free 7GB SIM upgrade bonus
- A reliable high-pace browsing experience
- Tons of new and exclusive data offers are available on Airtel 4G SIM (e.g Airtel N20 for 75MB, and Airtel 300 for 1.5GB bundles)
- Flawless video calling experience
- Enhanced download and upload speeds
Those (above) are some of the benefits of upgrading your Airtel SIM to 4G. Now, let’s see the upgrade requirements for Airtel 4G SIM.
Read Also: How to Upgrade Glo SIM to 4G and Get 10GB DATA BONUS
Airtel SIM Upgrade Requirements
Before upgrading your Airtel SIM, you need to know what SIM upgrade requirements are on Airtel so as to make the upgradation process easier.
Below are the requirements for Airtel 4G SIM upgrade.
- A valid ID card
- A working National Identification Number (NIN)
- Your birth certificate is also required
- The current Airtel SIM you’re using (3G or 2G)
These are all that will be required of you when you want to upgrade your Airtel SIM from 3G to 4G, or 2G to 4G. Now, let’s see how to upgrade Airtel SIM to 4G from 3G, and/or 2G.
Check Out The Airtel Awuf Data Code [Up to 50GB FREE]
How to Upgrade Airtel SIM to 4G
Below is an easy-to-follow step-by-step guide on how to upgrade your Airtel SIM to 4G.
- First of all, check your SIM if it is compatible with the 4G network by dialing *121#, then select 4G services.
- Back up your contacts.
- Now, visit your nearest Airtel Care center or any biometric retail point with your National ID card.
- Request for SIM upgrade
- Answers some basic questions
- Submit your old SIM (3G or 2G)
- Fill in the SIM upgrade form
- Then, you’ll be issued a new Airtel 4G SIM.
- Insert the new Airtel SIM on your phone, restart, and start enjoying the benefits of the 4G network including the SIM upgrade bonus.
That’s simply how to upgrade to Airtel 4G SIM. Therefore, that (above) has answered your question; how to upgrade my Airtel SIM to 4G.
Don’t Miss The Airtel Data Cheat Code for FREE Browsing Hack
How to Upgrade Airtel SIM to 4G Online
Airtel SIM can also be upgraded online at the comfort of your home. You can do that by carefully following the steps below.
- Visit www.airtel.in/4g/upgrade-sim on your browser.
- Enter SIM delivery details
- The process will take 48-72 hours to deliver SIM to your home. In some cases, it may take up to 7 days.
After your new Airtel 4G SIM card is delivered to your location, you need to follow the below steps to activate it.
- You need to send an SMS from your Airtel number.
- Type in the message box SIM “20 digits New SIM serial number” and send it to 121 from your airtel mobile. The 20-digit SIM number is available on the back of your new SIM card.
- A confirmation message will be sent to your number; Reply with the appropriate answers.
- That’s all, the process may take a few hours to get completely done and your existing SIM will be deactivated. Once that happens, you are now in the 4G world and can now start enjoying the 4G network benefits.
So, if you’re among those seeking how to upgrade Airtel SIM to 4G at home, or how to upgrade my Airtel SIM to 4G online, that’s the answer above.
However, it is ideal that you know if your device supports 4G before you upgrade your SIM. Let’s see how to do that below.
How to Check If Your Phone Supports Airtel 4G Network
Although you may be able to enjoy the 7GB free data bonus, and other exciting data offers, you may not be able to enjoy high-speed browsing which is the main feature of Airtel 4G SIM if your phone is not 4G compatible.
That’s why it’s good to make sure that your phone supports 4G before upgrading your SIM.
You can do that by carefully following the steps below.
- Navigate to the settings app on your phone
- Click on the Network & Internet option
- Now, click on Mobile Network
- Then, click on Preferred Network Type, and a pop-up containing the list of the network types supported by your phone will appear on your screen; If you see 4G, that means your phone is compatible with the Airtel 4G SIM.
Alternatively, you can use your browser to figure out if your phone is 4G compatible. This can be done by searching for the device model specifications on the internet.
If you see 4G on the “Network” options, that means you can use the Airt 4G SIM on your phone.
Airtel 4G SIM – FAQs
How do I activate 4G LTE in Airtel?
You can activate Airtel 4G SIM if requested online by simply texting the 20 digits serial number of the new SIM to 121 via SMS.
How can I migrate to Airtel 4G?
You can migrate to Airtel 4G by going to a nearby Airtel service point with your National ID card, requesting for SIM upgrade, submitting your old SIM and you’ll be issued a new 4G SIM.
How can I convert my Airtel 2G SIM to 4G?
You can convert your Airtel 2G SIM to 4G by requesting for SIM upgrade online via the Airtel website or visit a nearby Airtel service center with your NID and request for SIM upgrade.
How can I upgrade my Airtel 3G SIM to 4G without changing number?
You can upgrade your Airtel 3G SIM to 4G without changing your number by visiting an Airtel store with your National ID card, then request for SIM upgrade without changing your number.
How can I know if my Airtel SIM is 4G?
Simply dial *121# and select the “4G Service” option to know if your Airtel SIM is 4G.
What is the code to migrate to Airtel 4G?
You can migrate to Airtel 4G online by visiting the Airtel website, finding and clicking on the SIM upgrade option, then filling in your details to upgrade your SIM.
How much is Airtel 4G SIM?
Getting a new Airtel 4G SIM may cost you up to N1000 depending on your location.
How can I upgrade my Airtel SIM to 4G through SMS?
Airtel SIM can only be upgraded online via the Airtel website, or by visiting an Airtel service center, SIM upgrade cannot be done via SMS.
As the Airtel 4G network coverage has started spreading across the country, many people have started knowing the importance of having an Airtel 4G SIM.
With this simple guide on how to upgrade Airtel SIM to 4G, I believe I’ve been able to answer your question; how to upgrade my Airtel SIM to 4G. More so, I believe you know the importance of using the Airtel 4G network.