How to upgrade my Glo SIM to 4G? Are you seeking an answer to that? Then this post is for you.
If you’re still using a 3G or 2G Glo SIM, you’re really missing out on some super-fast browsing experience that the 4G network offers, I believe you know.
Maybe that’s why you’re looking for how to upgrade Glo SIM to 4G.
Well, I’ll show you exactly how to do that in this post, but that’s not all, as you’ll also discover how to upgrade Glo SIM to 4G and get a whopping 10GB data bonus.
Are you ready for the show? Then, take a seat, and let’s explore the post.
What is Glo 4G LTE
The Glo 4G LTE is the new generation wireless communication technology that offers reliable high-pace internet connection for mobile devices and data terminals.
To make it clearer, 4G means fourth (4th) generation, while LTE means Long Term Evolution. That simply means the Glo 4G network is the 4th generation wireless network that is here to stay even if 5G is launched.
With an internet connection on the Glo 4G SIM, you can download huge files in seconds, make the clearest ever video calls, and stream videos with the best resolution without slow loading.
Not only that, but with the Glo 4G network, you can browse the internet faster as pages load quicker compared to 2G network barely load a webpage.
You know what? Instead of taking your time, why don’t we just take a look at some benefits of upgrading your SIM to 4G on Glo?
Also Read How to Upgrade Airtel SIM to 4G and Get FREE 7GB DATA BONUS
Why You Should Upgrade Your Glo SIM to 4G
Although the speedy internet offered by the Glo 4G network is the main benefit of the Glo 4G SIM, of course, there are more bonus benefits that come with the Glo 4G SIM upgradation.
These include, but are not limited to the following.
- You will get the One-time Data benefit of 10GB on purchase of N500 and above data plan after successful upgrade of 3G SIM to 4G SIM.
- 25% Extra data bonus is available on subsequent purchase of data plans between N500 and N5000.
- 25% Extra data bonus can be availed for 6 months.
With those benefits, I guess you can’t wait anymore to see how to upgrade Glo SIM to 4G. So, let’s see how now.
Read Also: How to Upgrade MTN SIM to 4G and Get 4GB DATA BONUS
How to Upgrade Glo SIM to 4G
Follow the easy step-by-step instructions below to upgrade your Glo SIM to 4G.
- First of all, check if your SIM supports 4G network by texting 4G to 400 via SMS. You’ll get an instant response confirming if it is 4G compatible or not. If it is, then proceed to the following step.
- Back up your contacts.
- Now, visit any Gloworld, Glozone, or SIM Swap outlet with your National ID card.
- Request for SIM upgrade to 4G
- Answer some questions, and fill out a form (if applicable).
- Submit your old SIM (2G or 3G).
- Then, you’ll be issued a new Glo 4G SIM.
- That’s it. Welcome to the 4G world. Just insert your new SIM into your phone, activate the upgradation bonus, and start enjoying speedy internet.
That are simply the steps needed to be taken in order to upgrade your Glo SIM to 4G. So, that (above) has answered your question; how to upgrade my Glo SIM to 4G.
However, it is ideal that you know if your device supports 4G before you upgrade your SIM. Let’s see how to do that below.
Don’t Miss How to Get FREE 6GB on Glo Yakata
How to Check if Your Phone supports 4G
Although you may be able to enjoy the Glo 4G 10GB and 25% data bonuses, enjoying the super-fast browsing which is the main feature of Glo 4G SIM may be hard if your phone is not 4G compatible.
Therefore, it is good to ensure that your phone supports 4G before upgrading your SIM.
You can do that by following the steps below.
- Navigate to the settings app on your phone
- Click on the Network & Internet option
- Now, click on Mobile Network
- Then, click on Preferred Network Type, and a pop-up containing the list of the network types supported by your phone will appear on your screen; If you see 4G, that means your phone is compatible with the Glo 4G SIM.
Alternatively, you can figure out if your phone supports 4G via Google. This can be done by searching for the device model specifications on the internet.
If you see 4G on the “Network” options, that means you can use the Glo 4G SIM on your phone.
Check Out The Best Glo Tariff Plan for Calls [11k/sec]
How to Check if Your SIM is 4G
In a case where you’re confused about whether your SIM is 4G or not, or maybe you want to confirm if the SIM issued to you at Glozone or SIM swap spot is truly 4G, you can check it on your phone by following the simple instruction below.
- Open the messaging app on your phone and text 4G to 400
- Then, you’ll get an instant reply confirming if your Glo SIM is 4G or not.
Glo 4G SIM – FAQs
Does Glo have 4G SIM?
Yes, the Globacom telecommunication company (Glo) has 4G network, as well as 4G SIM that can be gotten at any Gloworld, or Glo SIM swap point.
How can I upgrade my Glo SIM to 4G?
You can upgrade your Glo SIM to 4G by simply visiting any Gloworld, Glozone, or SIM Swap outlet with your NID, and requesting for 4G SIM upgrade.
How can I change my Glo 3G SIM to 4G?
You can change your Glo 3G SIM to 4G by simply visiting any Gloworld, Glozone, or SIM Swap outlet, then request for SIM upgrade.
How Fast Is Glo 4G LTE?
Glo 4G LTE offers up to 100 Mbps internet speed. Which means it is faster than 2G and 3G.
What is the code to upgrade my Glo SIM to 4G network?
You can only visit a Glorious, Florine, or any SIM swap outlet to upgrade your Glo SIM to 4G, as there is no code that can help you do that on your phone.
How much is Glo 4G SIM in Nigeria?
Depending on your location, a new Glo 4G SIM costs up to N1000 in Nigeria.
What is Glo 4G SIM bonus?
10GB is the bonus you get when you upgrade your 3G Glo SIM to 4G.
Getting a Glo 4G SIM is very easy once you have all the necessary requirements needed for the SIM upgradation process, as you’ll also get some amazing bonuses alongside the high-speed browsing experience the Glo 4G LTE network offers.
With this simple guide on how to upgrade Glo SIM to 4G, I believe I’ve been able to answer your question; how to upgrade my Glo SIM to 4G.