Have you checked my post on how to upgrade MTN SIM to 4G? If you have, I believe you might have gotten a 4G SIM to start enjoying a super-fast browsing experience.
However, to start enjoying high-speed internet, you need the right settings on your device. Yes, you need to configure your MTN 4G APN settings to unleash the full potential of your new SIM.
This is because you don’t have the right internet setting for 4G on your phone, browsing may be slow and even lead to inaccessibility of the internet.
That’s why I have come up with this post to show you the right MTN 4G APN settings for any phone, to enhance the speed of your internet connection.
Without further ado, let’s get started!
How to get MTN 4G Settings
First of all, there are two ways to set your MTN 4G APN for maximum internet speed.
The first method is to get the MTN 4G APN settings for your SIM directly from the MTN network.
This can be done by simply following the instructions below.
- Open the messaging app on your phone and create a new message
- In the message box, type in SETTINGS, then send it to 3888
- Then, the APN settings for your MTN 4G SIM will be sent to you via SMS. It is advisable you save the settings as soon as they are delivered to avoid deleting them in error.
- Now, go to the settings app on your phone
- Tap the Network & Internet option
- Click on Mobile Network
- Click on Access Point Names
- Now, click on “+” (the plus sign) at the top right corner of your screen.
- Then, carefully input the settings you saved earlier, and save once you’re done.
That’s the easiest way to set your MTN 4G APN. If you didn’t get the settings after texting MTN, or you like setting it manually, the second method below will help.
Related: How to Upgrade Airtel SIM to 4G for FREE with 7GB Bonus
MTN 4G APN Settings
First of all, navigate to the settings app on your phone > Click Network & Internet > Click Mobile Network > Click Access Point Names > Tap on + > Then, carefully enter the values below in the appropriate spot.
- Account name: MTN WEB
- Proxy: Not set
- Port: Not set
- Username: Web
- Password: Web
- Server: Not set
- MMSC: 10.199.212.8
- MMS Proxy: 0.199.212.2
- MMS Port: 9201
- MCC: 621
- MNC: 30
- Authentication Type: Not Set
- Access point name Type: default,supl,mms
- Access Point name Protocol: Ipv4
- Access point name roaming protocol: Ipv4
- Enable/disable APN: APN Enabled
- Bearer: Unspecified
- MVNO Type: None
- MVNO Value: Not set
That (above) is the MTN 4G APN settings for iPhone, Android, MIFI, etc. Below is another MTN 4G internet settings you can try.
Read Also: Glo 4G APN Settings
MTN 4G Internet Settings
You can also follow the setup process for the first one by going to the settings app on your phone > Click Network & Internet > Click Mobile Network > Click Access Point Names > Tap on + > Then, carefully enter the values below in the appropriate spot.
- Name: MTN WEB
- Port: blank
- Username: blank
- Password: blank
- Access Point Name (APN): web.gprs.mtnnigeria.net
That’s the simple MTN 4G internet settings, and MTN 4G APN settings. Once done correctly, you can start enjoying the 4G network’s high-pace internet.
However, in most cases, you’ll need to reset your preferred network settings from 2G or 3G to 4G. This can be done by following the steps below.
Related: Airtel 4G APN Settings
MTN 4G Settings
MTN 4G settings on your preferred network type are required sometimes to make the 4G network work on your device.
You can see the MTN 4G settings by following the steps below.
- Open the Settings app on your phone
- Click on Network & Internet
- Click on Mobile Network
- Now, click Preferred Network Type
- Then tap on the 4G option.
That’s all. Your phone is now connected to the 4G network, which means you can now browse the internet at a high pace.
Getting an MTN 4G SIM is great, but not knowing the correct APN settings for MTN 4G could be frustrating especially if it’s your first time using MTN.
With this simple guide, whether you’re seeking the MTN Nigeria 4G APN settings, MTN Ghana 4G APN settings, MTN 4G APN settings for iPhone, MTN 4G APN settings for Android, and the MTN 4G internet settings, or MTN 4G settings, I believe you’ve gotten the perfect answers on this webpage.
If you still have questions, do not hesitate in dropping them off in the comment box below, I’ll be glad to help if it is about the MTN 4G APN settings.