Is your MTN data not working? Then, this post is for you.
Similar to other networks, MTN data plan not working is one of the common problems that pop up about MTN data plan, and this leads people to ask questions “why is my MTN data not working” or “my MTN data is not working, what could be the problem?”.
If you’re facing this problem, you’re not alone.
In fact, what made me think of writing this post is that I also have fallen into such a trap when I bought a N500 data bundle on MTN, and it didn’t work while I was about to use it.
To be sincere, it really got on my nerves, to the extent that I just dropped my phone aside and went out.
Coming back home, I just got motivated that I must find a solution to this. And fortunately, I did find not only the problem but also the solutions to why my MTN data is not working.
Now, I don’t want to keep the solution to myself alone. That’s why I decided to come up with this post to supply answers to those asking, why is my MTN data not working.
If you’re one of them, then, keep reading for I’ve explained why MTN data is not working sometimes, and how to make it work.
Reasons Why Your MTN data is Not Working
Similar to the post on Glo data not working, there are also many problems that could result in your MTN data not working, and some of them are.
- Unsuccessful Subscription – Your subscription to the MTN data plan isn’t successful.
- Data Connection is Turned Off – You didn’t turn on your data connection.
- Preferred Network Type Problem – Your prefer network type is needed to be reset.
- Expired Data Plan – Your MTN data plan is expired.
- Data Volume is Finished – Your data bundle is exhausted.
- Network Problem – Bad or unstable network coverage.
- Wrong APN Settings
- Not Subscribed to any MTN Data Plan – You do not have an active MTN data.
Those are some of the major problems why your MTN data is not working. Now, let’s find out the solutions to those problems.
Also Read: Easy Ways to Fix MTN Night Plan Not Working.
MTN data Not Working – Solution
After discussing the problems that could make your MTN data not work, this post won’t be completed without looking at some solutions to those problems.
- Unsuccessful Subscription – Check your MTN data balance to confirm that you’ve received the data volume you paid for.
- Data Connection is Turned Off – Switch on your data connection, or make sure you turn off your data connection and turn it on again.
- Reset Your Preffered Network Type – Sometimes when you subscribe to MTN data plan and your preferred network type is 4G, you’ll need to change it to 3G before it activates.
You can reset your preferred network type by simply going to the settings app on your phone > Click Network & Internet > Click Mobile Network > Click Preferred network type. Then, reset it.
- Expired / Exhausted Data Plan – Check your data balance to know if it is expired or exhausted.
- Network Problem – Sometimes, there may be a bad network connection or an outage, so you’ll have to wait until the connection is bad to normal
- Wrong APN Settings – Check your configuration settings if it is correct, or configure it following the steps below.
*Account Name: MTN WEB
*Access point name (APN): web.gprs.mtnnigeria.net
- Reboot your phone.
- Call the Airtel customer care.
Also Read: How to Fix Airtel Night Plan Not Working
Those are the solutions to MTN data not working. If you’ve applied all those solutions and it isn’t still working, then visit a nearby MTN office with your MTN line, and lay your complaint.
If you’re among those asking the question, why is my MTN data not working, or why is data not working on MTN, I believe you’ve gotten the answers you seek.
I hope this post is helpful?
If any of these solutions worked for you, please let me know in the comment section below.