Is your MTN night plan not working? Then, this post is for you.
If you are seeking answers to this common question, “why is my MTN night plan not working”, Then, you’re not alone.
Yes, a lot of people have been asking this question in forums, and all over the web, and their questions usually go like this.
I bought a night data bundle on MTN, and upon turning it on at midnight, it doesn’t work. What is the problem, and how could I make it work.
If you have a similar problem, then let’s discuss why your MTN night data isn’t working, and also find solutions on how to make it work.
Are you ready? Then, let’s get started!
MTN Night Plan is Not Working – Problems
First things first. There are many problems that could result in your MTN night plan not working, and some of them are.
- Unsuccessful Subscription – Your subscription to the MTN night data plan isn’t successful.
- Not Subscribed to MTN Night Data Plan – You do not have an active MTN night plan.
- Data Connection is Turned Off – You didn’t turn on your data connection.
- Wrong Timing – It is not yet time for the data to be activated.
- Expired Data Plan – Your night data plan is expired.
- Data Volume is Finished – Your night data plan is exhausted.
- Network Problem – Bad or unstable network coverage.
- Wrong APN Settings – Maybe you didn’t configure the browsing settings of your MTN line correctly.
Above are some of the major problems why your MTN night plan is not working. To make this post meaningful, let’s take a look at some possible solutions to those problems.
Also Read: How to Fix Airtel Night Plan Not Working
MTN Night Plan Not Working – Solutions
We’ve earlier discussed the problems that could make your MTN night plan not work, now what are the solutions to those problems?
- Check your MTN night data plan balance to confirm that you’ve received the data volume you paid for.
- If you’re using regular data plan before midnight, make sure you turn off your data connection and turn it on again once it’s midnight.
- Turn on your data connection. Sometimes when you subscribe to MTN night data plan and your preferred network type is 4G, you’ll need to change it to 3G before it activates.
- Since not all MTN night plan starts at the same time, make sure you are turning on your data connection at the right time for any of the MTN night plans you subscribed to.
- Check your data balance to know if it is expired or exhausted.
- Sometimes, there may be a bad network connection or an outage, so you’ll have to wait until the connection is bad to normal
- Check your configuration settings if it is correct, or configure it following the steps below.
*Account Name: MTN WEB
*Access point name (APN): web.gprs.mtnnigeria.net
- Call the MTN customer care.
- Reboot your phone.
Don’t Miss How to Fix MTN Data Not Working
Those are the solutions to the MTN night plan not working. If you’ve implemented all those solutions and your night plan on MTN is still not working, then visit a nearby MTN office with your MTN line, and lay your complaint.
If you’re among those asking the question, why is my MTN night plan not working, or why is night plan not working on MTN, I believe you’ve gotten the answers you seek.
I hope this post is helpful?
If any of these solutions worked for you, please let me know in the comment section below.