Seeking the Sterling Bank USSD code for all transactions? Of course, as a customer, it is a must to know some of your banks’ essential USSD codes in order to bank seamlessly.
It is not hidden that there are a lot of customers that are not used to Sterling Bank mobile banking and they often ask questions like; What is Sterling Bank USSD code for transfer, what code can I use to buy airtime from Sterling Bank, what is the Sterling Bank USSD code for checking balance, and so on.
If you’re one of them, just read on for I will not only show the Sterling Bank USSD code, but you’ll also learn how to register it, how to activate it, and how to use the USSD code for Sterling Bank to carry out any transactions on your account.
Without further ado, let’s get started!
About Sterling Bank USSD Code
The Sterling Bank USSD code is a special shortcode and/or set of shortcodes uniquely designed by Sterling Bank to make banking easy and accessible for its customers.
Using the USSD code for Sterling Bank, you can access basic financial services right from your mobile phone without the need to visit a physical Sterling Bank branch.
The reason why customers love the Sterling Bank mobile banking and USSD codes is that apart from the general code for all transactions, there are short direct codes to perform specific transactions.
Talking about specific transactions, let’s see the types of financial services that the Sterling USSD code offers.
Check Out: Opay USSD Code for Transfer, Loan
Features of Sterling Bank USSD Code
The following are what the Sterling Bank USSD code can help you with.
- Account opening
- Airtime recharge
- Fund transfer
- Balance enquiry
- Bills payment
- Debit card services
- PIN change.
Related: Kuda Bank USSD Code
Benefits of Sterling Bank USSD Code
The Sterling Bank USSD code and mobile banking won’t be created in the first place if it has no benefits. Here is why the Sterling Bank USSD code is the best banking solution for customers.
- Fast and easy transactions
- It provides a secure and convenient way to transact with the bank
- Does not require mobile data or internet
- It saves cost and time
- Compatible with all kinds of mobile phone
- Available 24 hours a day and 7 days a week
- It is reliable and easy to use.
- It provides convenient financial services to customers.
While that’s not all, let’s see the USSD code for Sterling Bank, and how to activate and use it.
See Also: Zenith Bank USSD Code
Sterling Bank USSD Code
*822# is the Sterling Bank USSD code. This code can be used to conveniently carry out various banking transactions including airtime purchases, fund transfers, checking account balance, opening an account, blocking of ATM card, and so on, on your Sterling account right from your phone.
Once this code is dialed on a registered line, a pop-up containing all the listed features and others will show up on your phone’s screen and you can then follow the prompts to use any of them.
To make transactions even easier and faster using the Sterling 822 banking service, the bank has made available some simple shortcodes for specific transactions.
The following is a table that contains all the Sterling Bank shortcodes for all transactions.
Read Also: Polaris Bank USSD Code
List of Sterling Bank USSD Code
|Transfer to Sterling Bank/Other Banks||*822*Amount*AccountNumber#|
|Airtime Top Up for Self||*822*AMOUNT#|
|Airtime Top Up for Others||*822*AMOUNT*Phone Number#|
|Check Account Number||*822*8#|
|Pay Merchant||*822*28*AMOUNT*MERCHANT CODE#|
|LCC Toll Payment||*822*15#|
How to Activate Sterling Bank USSD Code
While all the codes above are for specific Sterling Bank transactions, full registration and activation are required with your registered bank account phone number to access all the *822# features.
Here is a step-by-step guide on how to activate the USSD code for Sterling Bank.
- Using the phone number registered with your account, *822*1*Account Number#
- Then follow the on screen instructions to activate the code and set up your new PIN for USSD transactions.
Once you’ve registered and activated the Sterling Bank USSD code, you can now carry out any transactions using the general code, as well as the shortcodes.
Related: Stanbic USSD Code
Sterling Bank USSD Code for Transfer
The Sterling Bank USSD code to transfer money from Sterling Bank to Sterling Bank and other banks is *822*Amount*Account Number#.
For example, to transfer 10,000 Naira to 0000000100, all you need to do is dial *822*10000*0000000100#, then follow the prompts to verify details and complete the transaction with your transaction PIN.
Sterling Bank USSD Code for Checking Balance
You can check your Sterling Bank account balance by simply dialing *822*6#, then enter your PIN, and a pop-up containing the money you have left in your Sterling account will be displayed on your screen.
Check Out: Fidelity Bank USSD Code
Sterling Bank USSD Code for Buying Airtime
The Sterling Bank USSD code to buy airtime for yourself (SIM linked with your Sterling Bank account) is *822*Amount#. To buy airtime for other numbers/sims, dial *822*Amount*Phone Number#
For example, if you want to recharge N1000 for yourself, simply dial *822*1000#, and your line will be credited with 1000 Naira worth of airtime. If you want to recharge another line 08100000000 (your other lines or for friends and/or family) with N1000, just dial, *822*1000*08100000000#, then enter your PIN to authorize the transaction.
Read Also: Unity Bank USSD Code
Sterling Bank USSD Code for Opening an Account
The USSD code for Sterling Bank account opening is *822#, accept the mobile banking terms and continue to follow the prompts to create an account with Sterling Bank.
Don’t Miss: Ecobank USSD Code
Sterling Bank USSD Code for Cable Bill Payments
The USSD code for sterling bank bill payments is *822*2#, then select your bullet and follow the screen instructions, then enter your PIN to complete the transaction.
Related: First Bank USSD Code
USSD Code for Sterling Bank Account Number
The Sterling USSD code to get and reveal your account number is *822*8#.
Sterling Bank BVN USSD Code
To retrieve your Sterling Bank USSD code using the USSD code on Sterling Bank, simply dial *565*0#.
Sterling Bank USSD Code Not Working? Here’s How to Fix it
If you’re a Sterling Bank account holder and have been dialing the Sterling mobile banking USSD code, but not working, the following may be the cause. Also how to fix the issue.
- Bad Network Connection: when there is no or bad network coverage either from your end (mobile network providers) or from the bank’s network, you may get an error message after dialing the Sterling Bank USSD to perform any transactions. To fix this, you’ll need to wait for some time and try again.
- You’re Not Yet Registered or Haven’t Activated the USSD Code: If you haven’t registered and activated the Sterling USSD code with the phone number you registered your account with, the Sterling Bank code may not work. To fix this, make sure you activate the Sterling Bank USSD code on your line.
- You’re Dialing the USSD code on an unlinked/wrong phone number: If the SIM you registered your account number with is not used to dial the code, it may not work. To fix this, make sure you’re using the correct line.
How to Deactivate Sterling Bank USSD Code
In cases where you misplaced your phone that has the SIM and number linked with your Sterling account and USSD code, you would want to describe your USSD code in order to avoid money theft by the person who found or stole the phone.
- Look for any other phone and dial *822*911# to deactivate and disconnect your mobile number from your Sterling Bank USSD mobile banking.
This code can be dialed on any other phone and it will work as long as you know your phone number off hand as well as your mobile banking PIN.
NOTE: In case you found the phone after deactivating the USSD bank or you got another line, you’ll need to visit a Sterling Bank branch to reactivate the Sterling Bank USSD magic banking feature.
More to Know About The Sterling Code
- The service is available to all Telco (Airtel, Glo, MTN, 9Mobile).
- Customers transact directly from their Sterling account.
- A reliable network at the customer location is required to access the service.
- Available 24 hours a day and 7 days a week
- Customers can purchase airtime, pay bills, and make transfers to any bank account in Nigeria.
- Customers are required to create transaction PIN for secure transactions.
- The default limit at registration is N20,000.
- Customers who wish to increase their limit can do so with their debit card, to a maximum of N100,000 per transaction.
- An additional PIN is required to transact with higher limits (Above N20,000 up to N100,000).
USSD Code for Sterling Bank – FAQs
How can I get USSD code for Sterling Bank?
The USSD code for Sterling Bank mobile banking is *822#.
How do I set up Sterling Bank mobile banking?
You can at up your Sterling Bank USSD mobile banking by simply dialing *822*1*Account Number# using the phone number/sim registered with your Sterling Bank account, and follow the prompts.
Thanks to the Sterling Bank 822 mobile banking service via USSD, customers from all parts of the country can now access easy mobile banking without having to visit a Sterling Bank branch.
With this comprehensive post about the USSD code for Sterling Bank, I believe you’ve known how to activate the Sterling Bank USSD code, and how to use it for various transactions.