Do you want to know the Taj bank USSD code? Of course, it is essential to know some USSD codes when it comes to banking with the Taj bank of Nigeria.
There are lots of both new and old Tajbank customers that are not use to the Taj bank mobile banking via USSD, and they end up asking questions like; What is Taj bank USSD code for transfer, what code can I use to buy airtime from Taj bank, what is the Taj bank USSD code for checking balance, and so on.
If you’re among those looking for answers to any of those questions or other related mobile banking queries for Taj bank, then stick to this post because you’ll not only see the Taj bank USSD code, but I will also show you how to register it, how to activate it and how to use the USSD code for Taj bank to carry out any transactions on your account.
Without a waste of time, let’s dive straight in.
About Taj bank USSD Code
The Tajbank USSD code is a unique short code and/or set of short codes designed by Taj bank to make banking easy and accessible for its customers.
With the USSD code for Taj bank, you can perform different types of banking transactions on your mobile phone without the need to visit a physical Taj bank branch.
USSD code is the most loved by many banks’ customers because of its ease of use. Thanks to mobile banking, even people from rural areas can now carry out simple transactions without the need to go to the bank which may be far away from their location.
One amazing thing about the Taj bank mobile banking via USSD is that you can perform almost any and every banking transaction with the Taj bank code. That leads us to the features of Taj bank mobile banking.
Check Out: Taj Bank Transfer Code to Other Banks
Features of Taj bank USSD Code
The following are what the Taj bank USSD code can help you with.
- Opening an account
- Money transfer to other Taj bank accounts and other banks
- Airtime and data purchase
- Checking account balance
- Bill payments, and lots more.
Read Also: Opay USSD Code for All Transactions
Benefits of Taj bank USSD Code
If it doesn’t serve a beneficial purpose, the Taj bank USSD code won’t be created in the first place. Here is why the Taj bank code is the best banking solution for customers.
- Fast and easy transactions
- It features almost all kinds of financial transactions.
- It Saves customers from the stress of going to banks for simple transactions such as transfers, and bill payment.
- Works on all types of mobile phones.
- No need for an internet connection to carry out transactions.
Although that’s not all, let’s see the USSD code for Taj bank, and how to activate and use it.
Related: Wema Bank USSD Code
Taj bank USSD Code
*898# is the Taj bank USSD code that can be used to carry out several banking transactions including transfers, withdrawals, airtime, and data purchase, checking account balance, opening an account, and so on, on your Tajbank account, right from your phone.
Upon dialing the code, a menu containing all the listed features and others will be displayed on your screen which you can then follow the prompts to use any of them.
Below is a table containing the Taj bank USSD code for different types of transactions and how to use them.
Related: How to Check BVN for All Banks
List of Taj bank USSD Code
|Check Balance||*898# > select the option to check balance|
|Transfer to Taj bank/others||*898# > select the option to transfer fund|
|Airtime Top Up for Self/Others||*898# > select the option to buy airtime|
|Pay Bills||*898# > select the option to pay bill|
|Hotlist ATM Card||*898# > select the option to manage card|
How to Activate Taj bank USSD Code
Now that you’ve known the Taj bank USSD codes for specific transactions, in order to use the codes, you’ll need to activate the *898# USSD code first.
Here is a step-by-step guide on how to activate the USSD code for Taj bank.
- Using the phone number registered with your account, dial *898#.
- Choose the debit card linked to your account, or select the “Create PIN” option.
- Fill in the required details and proceed.
- Now, verify you’re the account owner and create your 4 digits PIN.
- Enter the PIN once again to confirm, and the registration is complete.
Once you’ve registered and activated the Taj bank USSD code, you can now perform any transactions using the general code or short code.
See Also: How to Activate Jaiz Bank USSD Code
Taj bank USSD Transfer Code
The Taj bank USSD code to transfer money from Taj bank to Taj bank and from Taj bank to other banks *898# then select the “Transfer/send Money” option and follow the prompts.
Related: Jaiz Bank Transfer Code
Taj bank USSD Code for Checking Balance
You can check your Taj bank account balance by simply dialing *898# then select the “Check Balance” option and the money you have left in your account will be displayed on your screen.
Taj bank USSD Code for Buying Airtime
The Taj bank USSD code to buy airtime for yourself (SIM linked with your Taj bank account) is *898# then select the “Airtime Top Up” option, enter the amount you want to recharge, enter the phone to recharge, then enter your PIN.
Taj bank USSD Code for Opening an Account
The USSD code for Taj bank account opening is *898#, accept the mobile banking terms and continue to follow the prompts to open an account with Taj bank.
Taj bank USSD Code for Bill Payments
The Taj bank USSD code to pay bills is *898#, select the pay bills option, then select biller, and follow the prompts.
Taj bank BVN USSD Code
To retrieve your Taj bank USSD code using the USSD code on Taj bank, simply dial *565*0#.
Taj bank USSD Code Not Working? Here’s How to Fix it
Whether you’re a new or old Taj bank account holder, and you’ve been dialing the USSD mobile banking code for Taj bank and it’s not working, below are some causes and how to fix them.
- Bad Network Connection: when there is no or bad network coverage either from your end (mobile network providers) or from the bank’s network, you may get an error message after dialing the Taj bank USSD to perform any transactions. To fix this, you’ll need to wait for some time and try again.
- You’re Not Yet Registered or Haven’t Activated the USSD Code: If you haven’t registered and activated the Taj bank USSD code with the phone number you registered your account with, the Taj bank USSD code may not work. To fix this, make sure you activate the Taj bank USSD code on your line.
- You’re Dialing the USSD code on an unlinked/wrong phone number: If the SIM you registered your account number with is not used to dial the code, it may not work. To fix this, make sure you’re using the correct line.
USSD Code for Taj bank – FAQs
How can I get USSD code for Taj bank?
The USSD code for Taj bank mobile banking is *898#.
How do I set up Taj bank mobile banking?
You can at up your Taj bank USSD mobile banking by simply dialing *898# using the phone number/sim registered with your Taj bank account, select your preferred debit card, and follow the prompts.
How can I check my Taj bank details?
You can check your Taj bank details by simply dialing *898# and select Check Balance, then your Taj bank Bank details including account balance, and account statement will pop up on your screen, and be sent to your line.
Thanks to the Taj bank mobile banking service via USSD, customers from all parts of the country can now access easy mobile banking without having to visit a physical bank branch.
With this comprehensive post about the USSD code for Taj bank, I believe you’ve known how to activate the Taj bank USSD code, and how to use it for various transactions.