Are you searching for the Unity Bank USSD code? Undoubtedly, it is a must to know some essential USSD codes when it comes to banking with the Unity Bank whether as a new or old customer.
Usually, many new customers and even old ones that are not use to the Unity Bank mobile banking often ask questions like; What is Unity Bank USSD code for transfer, what code can I use to buy airtime from Unity Bank, what is the Unity Bank USSD code for checking balance, and so on.
If you’re among those seeking answers to any of those questions or other related Unity USSD banking queries, then keep reading for I will not only show the Unity Bank USSD code, but you’ll also discover how to register it, how to activate it and how to use the USSD code for Unity Bank to carry out any transactions on your account.
Without further ado, let’s get started!
About Unity Bank USSD Code
The Unity Bank USSD code is a special short code and/or set of short codes uniquely designed by Unity Bank to make banking easy and accessible for its customers.
With the USSD code for Unity Bank, a lot of banking transactions on your account can be carried out right from your mobile phone without the need to visit a physical Unity Bank branch.
The reason why customers love the Unity Bank mobile banking and USSD codes is that apart from the general code for all transactions, there are short direct code to perform specific transactions.
Check Out: How to Transfer Money from Unity Bank to Other Banks
Features of Unity Bank USSD Code
The following are what the Unity Bank USSD code can help you with.
- Account opening
- Airtime recharge
- Add Account
- Balance enquiry
- Bills payment
- BVN verification
- Fund Transfer
- PIN change.
Related: Opay USSD Code
Benefits of Unity Bank USSD Code
The Unity Bank USSD code and mobile banking won’t be created in the first place if it has no benefits. Here is why the Unity Bank USSD code is the best banking solution for customers.
- Fast and easy transactions
- It provides a secure and a convenient way to transact with the bank
- It saves cost and time
- Compatible to all kinds of mobile phone
- It is reliable and easy to use.
- It provides convenient financial services to customers.
While that’s not all, let’s see the USSD code for Unity Bank, and how to activate and use it.
See Also: UBA USSD Code
Unity Bank USSD Code
*7799# is the Unity Bank USSD code. This code can be used to easily carry out several banking transactions including transfers, airtime purchase, checking account balance, opening an account, blocking of ATM card, and so on, on your Unity account right from your phone.
Upon dialing the code, a pop up containing all the listed features and others will show up on your phone’s screen which you can then follow the prompts to use any of them.
To save time and make transactions even easier using the Unity Bank mobile banking service, the bank has made available some simple short codes for specific transactions.
The following is a table that contains all the Unity Bank short codes for all transactions.
Don’t Miss: Kuda Bank USSD Code
List of Unity Bank USSD Code
|Transactions||Codes to Dial|
|Transfer to Unity Bank Account||*7799*1*Account number*Amount#|
|Transfer to Other Banks||*7799*2*Account number*Amount#|
|Airtime Top Up for Self||*7799*Amount#|
|Airtime Top Up for Others||*7799*Phone number*Amount#|
|Fund Bet9ja Account||*7799*403*Bet9ja ID*Amount#|
|USSD on POS||*7799*000*RefID#|
|Block Account||*7799*9*phone number#|
How to Activate Unity Bank USSD Code
While all the codes above are for specific Unity Bank transactions, registration of the *7799# with your phone number is required.
Here is a step-by-step guide on how to activate the USSD code for Unity Bank.
- Using the phone number registered with your account, dial *7799#
- Follow the on screen message (or select Create or Change PIN).
- Add your required card details/Account details.
- Then, set up your four-digit secret PIN you will use to authenticate transactions.
Once you’ve registered and activated the Unity Bank USSD code, you can now perform any transactions using the general code, as well as the short codes.
Don’t Miss How to Activate Access Bank USSD Code
Unity Bank USSD Code for Transfer
The Unity Bank USSD code to transfer money from Unity Bank to Unity Bank is *7799*1*Account number*Amount#. While the code to transfer fund from Unity Bank to other banks is *7799*2*Account number*Amount#.
Read Also: List of All The First Bank USSD Code
Unity Bank USSD Code for Checking Balance
You can check your Unity Bank account balance by simply dialing *7799*0#, then entering your PIN, and a pop up containing the money you have left in your account will show up on your screen.
Unity Bank USSD Code for Buying Airtime
The Unity Bank USSD code to buy airtime for yourself (SIM linked with your Unity Bank account) is *7799*Amount#. To buy airtime for other numbers/sims, dial *7799*Phone number*Amount#
E.g if you want to recharge N700 for yourself, simply dial *7799*700#, and your line will be credited with a N700 recharge card. If you want to recharge another line 09100000000 (your other lines or for friends and/or family) with N700, just dial, *7799*09100000000*700#, then enter your PIN to authorize the transaction.
Related: Gtb USSD Code
Unity Bank USSD Code for Opening an Account
The USSD code for Unity Bank account opening is *7799#, accept the mobile banking terms and continue to follow the prompts to create an account with Unity Bank.
Unity Bank USSD Code for Cable Bill Payments
Unity Bank has unique codes for every DSTV and GoTV subscription packages, as well as some locations electricity bill payments. Here are they.
DSTV Subscriptions Codes
- *7799*32*Smartcard Number*1# — Access
- *7799*32*Smartcard Number*2# — Compact
- *7799*32*Smatcard Number*3# — Compact Plus
- *7799*32*Smartcard Number*4# — Family
- *7799*32*Smartcard Number*5# — Premium
GoTV Subscriptions Codes
- *7799*33*Smartcard Number*1# — Gotv Lite
- *7799*33*Smartcard Number*2# — Gotv Max
- *7799*33*Smartcard Number*3# — Gotv Plus
- *7799*33*Smartcard Number*4# — Gotv Value
Electricity Bill Payments Code
- *7799*4*Meter Number*Amount# — Eko Electricity Prepaid
- *7799*5*Meter Number*Amount# — Ikeja Electricity Prepaid
Unity Bank BVN USSD Code
To retrieve your Unity Bank USSD code using the USSD code on Unity Bank, simply dial *7799*5#.
Unity Bank USSD Code Not Working? Here’s How to Fix it
If you’re an Unity Bank account holder and have been dialing the *7799# Unity USSD code, but not working, the following may be the cause. Also how to fix the issue.
- Bad Network Connection: when there is no or bad network coverage either from your end (mobile network providers) or from the bank’s network, you may get an error message after dialing the Unity Bank USSD to perform any transactions. To fix this, you’ll need to wait for some time and try again.
- You’re Not Yet Registered or Haven’t Activated the USSD Code: If you haven’t registered and activated the Unity USSD code with the phone number you registered your account with, the Unity Bank code may not work. To fix this, make sure you activate the Unity Bank USSD code on your line.
- You’re Dialing the USSD code on an unlinked/wrong phone number: If the SIM you registered your account number with is not used to dial the code, it may not work. To fix this, make sure you’re using the correct line.
How to Deactivate Unity Bank USSD Code
In cases where you misplaced your phone that has the SIM and number linked with your Unity account and USSD code, you would want to describe your USSD code in order to avoid money theft by the person who found or stole the phone.
- Look for any other phone and dial *7799*911# to deactivate and disconnect your mobile number from your Unity Bank USSD mobile banking.
This code can be dialed on any other phone and it will work as long as you know your phone number off hand as well as your mobile banking PIN.
NOTE: In case you found the phone after deactivating the USSD bank or you got another line, you’ll need to visit an Unity Bank branch to reactivate the Unity Bank USSD magic banking feature.
USSD Code for Unity Bank – FAQs
How can I get USSD code for Unity Bank?
The USSD code for Unity Bank mobile banking is *7799#.
How do I set up Unity Bank mobile banking?
You can at up your Unity Bank USSD mobile banking by simply dialing *7799# using the phone number/sim registered with your Unity Bank account, select your preferred debit card, and follow the prompts.
Thanks to the Unity Bank 7799 mobile banking service, customers from all parts of the country can now access easy mobile banking without having to visit a Unity Bank branch.
With this comprehensive post about the USSD code for Unity Bank, I believe you’ve known how to activate the Unity Bank USSD code, and how to use it for various transactions.